The winter chill has fully set in, and with it comes cozy sweaters, fires in the fireplace, mugs of hot chocolate and plenty of winter food items. Soups are popular food items all year long, but are especially popular and beneficial during the winter.
Here are just a few reasons why you should eat more deli soup in Williamsport, PA during the winter months:
- Keep the chill away: Sometimes a delicious hot soup can really warm you up from the inside. It is truly refreshing and nourishing to have a bowl of hot soup on a cold day. Plus, it’s just comforting to sit down and enjoy a steaming bowl of soup when the weather outside is frightful.
- Innumerable varieties: You’ll be hard-pressed to get sick of having soup during the winter because there are so many varieties, not just in terms of the ingredients you use but the styles in which you use them (don’t forget your blended soups!). Because of this, you’ll be able to make sure you get plenty of healthy ingredients into your soups. Even specific types of soups will have a wide variety of recipes. There are probably dozens of ways to make a delicious French onion soup, for example.
- Seasonal ingredients: Soups can really be reminiscent of the seasons because of the ingredients they use. During the winter, you can expect to use more garlic, cinnamon, peppercorns, cumin, bay leaves, lemon, ginger, nuts, whole grains, lean meats, oats, sweet potatoes and other whole spices, all of which can help generate heat inside the body and warm you up from inside. Other winter vegetables include celery, carrots, broccoli, beetroot, turnips and more.
- Simple or complex: The great thing about soup is that you can make it as simple or complex, as refreshing or as hearty as you want. You might have a really thick and heavy chili one day, and a very light vegetable broth the next. Either way, you can eat without guilt knowing you’re packing your soup full of healthy ingredients.
- Immune protection: Between the heat of the soup and the numerous healthy food items you’re packing into it, you can give your body some much-needed protection and insulation against bacteria and germs throughout the winter. This is extremely important because, as you know, winter is cold and flu season. Anything you can do to give your body some more natural protections against illness is going to help you out a whole lot during the winter months.
- It’s easy: We know how it goes—when the weather gets cold, and you’re getting home from work once it’s already dark outside, it can be hard to summon up the energy to cook a complicated meal. Soup is extremely easy—you can throw it together quickly and either let it simmer in a crockpot all day or put it on your stovetop and have it done within an hour without having to do much to it.
For more info about why deli soup in Williamsport, PA is a great choice this winter, contact Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats today.
Categorised in: Soup
This post was written by Writer