There are so many options when it comes to great Thanksgiving side dishes, including mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole and much more. With so many options, finding the perfect dish for your Thanksgiving dinner can be challenging.
We’ve tried to make things easier by providing information on some of the most popular Thanksgiving dishes.
Read on for help deciding on the best Thanksgiving side dishes for your meal:
- Carrots with a sweet glaze: Glazed carrots offer the perfect hint of sweetness to compliment the savory flavor of ham and turkey. To make this delicious side dish, you simply need to slice up a few carrots and slow cook them with apple juice, butter and brown sugar. Even children are sure to love this sweet and vitamin-filled dish.
- Yams: One of the most delicious and versatile ingredients used in popular Thanksgiving side dishes is the sweet potato. There’s so much you can create with sweet potatoes, including candied yams, sweet potato casserole and baked sweet potatoes. Most yam-based side dishes only require a few extra ingredients, like butter and brown sugar.
- Cranberry sauce: While some people hate the canned version of this dish, others swear by it. Either way, it’s usually good to have cranberry sauce on the table. Its bright red color also adds a nice aesthetic feel to any Thanksgiving meal.
- Green bean casserole: Another popular Thanksgiving side dish, especially in the South, green bean casserole usually features a mixture of cream of mushroom, milk, crispy onions and, of course, green beans. Most people have their own variations on the green bean casserole recipe. You can easily find plenty of great recipes online.
- Stuffing: Now we’re getting to the best of the best. Stuffing is a dish commonly made with chicken broth, onions, celery, white bread, butter and eggs. The recipe varies from person to person with some adding ingredients like walnuts, apples, sausage and much more. This is a dish present at almost every Thanksgiving dinner across the United States.
- Macaroni and cheese: Another dish you’d be hard-pressed not to find at Thanksgiving dinner is macaroni and cheese. While known for being popular with children, macaroni and cheese is a Thanksgiving side dish that can elevate any meal when prepared correctly. Common ingredients for macaroni and cheese include macaroni noodles, butter, flour, milk and Cheddar cheese.
- Mashed potatoes: This is the dish you can’t go without during Thanksgiving dinner! Simply mash some boiled potatoes; then add butter, salt and pepper. It’s an easy dish that people always love. Most prefer their mashed potatoes with gravy, which you can make from chicken broth, beef broth, butter, water, corn starch and a variety of your favorite seasonings.
If you want your Thanksgiving dishes to be the best they can be and really stand out, it’s important to buy the right ingredients. At Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats, we offer a variety of fresh and delicious ingredients that are sure to make your side dishes something to remember. Visit us today, and ask how we can help you put together the perfect Thanksgiving meal.
Categorised in: Sides
This post was written by Writer