Great Sunday Dinner IdeasSeptember 22, 2021 6:24 pm Leave your thoughts
Weekend dinners can range from relaxing to hectic, festive to last-minute—but if you love to cook for your family, you’ll love these Sunday dinner ideas. Be sure to visit Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats to pick up all the fresh ingredients you need!
Elaborate Sunday dinners
- Sunday roast: Sunday roasts are a great way to take advantage of the extra weekend time. Whether you want to roast prime rib, a chicken, a turkey or another type of meat, just add a few sides (stuffing, mashed potatoes and a salad) for a complete—and fancy—dinner.
- Fried chicken: Homemade fried chicken is delicious, but who has the time to make a giant batch for the whole family? On Sundays, if you’re feeling so inclined, take the time to break down some chickens and fry them up. Serve with biscuits and honey for a meal the whole family will love.
- Lasagna: Whether you love lasagna with meat sauce, vegetables, bechamel or another variety, Sundays are the perfect day to take on this task. You’ll have more time (and patience) to layer sauce, noodles, cheese and other ingredients—and maybe even make an extra batch to freeze for later.
- Short ribs: Fall-off-the-bone-tender short ribs take hours to cook just right, which makes them perfect for a Sunday dinner. Serve with mashed potatoes and hearty greens to soak up the broth.
Easy and lazy Sunday dinners
- Slow cooker pasta sauce: Your Italian grandmother might gasp at the thought of using a slow cooker for pasta sauce, but it’s the perfect way to “set it and forget it” while letting the flavors meld.
- Slow cooker soups: Slow cookers are also great for making easy soups. Just stick the ingredients in the slow cooker, set it to low and go about your regular Sunday errands.
- Slow cooker shredded meats: Taco night, anyone? Making shredded meats is easy when you have a slow cooker. With just a little prep, you can come home to perfectly pulled pork, chicken or other meats.
- A meal from Tony’s: Don’t forget Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats when you need a hearty meal, and you need it fast. Our premade meals will feed your family with no hassle. All you have to do is call us and come pick up your order when it’s ready.
Healthy Sunday dinners
- Roast salmon and vegetables: Roasting a side of salmon with lemon slices, butter and dill makes a delicious main course. You can also add plenty of sliced vegetables to your roasting pan, for a one-sheet-pan meal that’s healthy, too.
- Vegetable pasta: Whether you want to use regular pasta or make your own vegetable noodles, vegetarian pastas can be a healthy, easy choice to add to your weekend menu. Bonus: They cook quickly, so you won’t spend a ton of time in front of the stove.
Whatever your preference, there’s sure to be a great Sunday dinner idea that’s right for you. Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats is here to help when you need to eat—and don’t feel like cooking, either. Our heat and serve meals offer something for the whole family.
Categorised in: Meal Planning
This post was written by Writer