Who doesn’t love summer? With warmer temperatures, plants in full bloom and all kinds of outdoor activities, it’s the happiest time of the year for most people. It’s also grilling season! As you fire up your backyard grill in Williamsport, PA, here are 10 grilling tips to help you make the most of your meals:
- Clean the grill: Grill masters in Williamsport, PA know that keeping the grill clean is one of the most fundamental charcoal grilling tips. Clean the grill before every use using a metal brush.
- Keep the food in one place: As a general rule, only flip meats one time while they’re on the grill. If you notice the meats getting stuck to the grill, cook them a little more and they’ll naturally unstick.
- Let meats cook without squeezing them: Resist the urge to use a spatula to squish your burger or steak for that satisfying “hiss” sound. What you’re hearing is actually the flavor of the meats disappearing! Leave the meat alone as much as possible, and you’ll get the best flavors.
- Invest in a meat thermometer: Don’t rely on guesswork to tell you when your meats are done cooking. A meat thermometer allows you to quickly check the temperature to tell when your food is cooked to perfection.
- Use a spray bottle to keep the flames down: Big flames over-char your meats. Keep a spray bottle with water on hand to reduce potential flare-ups.
- Let the meat hit room temperature before grilling: If you want your meats to cook evenly, let them sit out on a counter or table for up to 30 minutes before grilling. They’ll cook better and have more flavor.
- Pay attention to timing: It’s actually smart to slightly undercook your meats, since food temperature goes up around five degrees after you take it off the grill. Carryover cooking does the rest of the work for you, finishing off the cooking process and giving you delicious-tasting meats.
- Avoid over-charring: When you’re grilling thicker meat with bones, make sure not to over-char. Start by cooking your items on high heat to give them a nice crust, then move them to indirect heat on the grill. You’ll get a crispy crust on each piece, and the inside will be fully cooked but still tender.
- Give it a rest: While you’re probably tempted to dive right into that perfectly cooked burger or steak, letting it rest for at least five minutes allows the juices to redistribute. By waiting just a few minutes, you get tastier and juicier meats.
- Keep it simple when entertaining: When entertaining a group in Williamsport, PA, keeping it simple is one of the most effective charcoal grilling tips. Limit the variety of meats that you cook—it helps you keep track of cooking times much easier, providing all your guests with perfectly-grilled food.
If you want to make the most of the summer grilling season in Williamsport, PA, you not only have to follow these basic grilling tips, but you also have to use high-quality meats. Visit Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats today to stock up for your tastiest grilling season ever!
Categorised in: Meat Market
This post was written by Writer