Try These Recipes Out for Your First Spring PicnicFebruary 26, 2020 12:19 am Leave your thoughts
It may be hard to believe when you look out the window, but spring is really and truly right around the corner. This is good news if you’ve been suffering from cabin fever. Warmer weather is coming, and with it plenty of opportunities to get outside and enjoy nature and fresh air.
If you enjoy going on picnics with friends or family, now’s a good time to start planning for some fun spring picnic ideas that can help you get the most out of your first outings of the season. Here are a few spring picnic ideas in Williamsport, PA for you to consider trying out this year:
- Picnic in a jar: With today’s on-the-go lifestyle, you might find that it makes more sense for you to pack everything you need for a picnic into a single jar than to bring along a bunch of food items that require on-site preparation. You can layer certain types of foods in jars or Tupperware containers and be ready to eat the moment you arrive at your destination!
- Cherry tomato and basil salad: There are few flavors more reminiscent of warmer weather than the combination of tomatoes and basil. To warm your taste buds up for the summer, consider a cherry tomato and basil salad! All you need is tomatoes, basil and a few slivers of red pepper. The sweetness and bold flavors will really stick out. You can easily combine this with some pasta and mozzarella to turn it into a pasta salad.
- Egg salad sandwiches: Egg salad is extremely easy to make, and there’s something very spring-like about it, as well! If you’re going to be attending an egg hunt around Easter this spring, it only makes sense to have some egg salad along with you! The simple combination of hardboiled eggs, mustard and mayonnaise is basically impossible to mess up, and you can even add items such as green onions or dashes of cayenne pepper for extra bursts of flavor and spice.
- Potato salad: What’s a picnic without a potato salad? There are all kinds of potato salads that people are sure to love, but if you’re looking for something classic, create a potato salad that combines the potatoes with some mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, onions, garlic, celery and tarragon. Allow the potato salad to chill in the refrigerator for some time before you take it out to serve at your picnic.
- Burritos: You’ll be amazed at how well burrito fixings can travel! Roll up tortillas around pulled pork cooked with some delicious flavors, and wrap them in foil. Bring along the rest of your fixings with you in containers and enjoy when you get to your picnic destination.
Of course, the options are limitless for picnics, but these are just a few spring picnic ideas for you to consider trying out as you get ready for your first picnics of the year in Williamsport, PA. Get all your necessary food items from Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats—we’re happy to recommend our own favorite picnic recipes, too!
Categorised in: Recipes
This post was written by Writer