Featured Summer Grilling Products for You to TryJuly 1, 2019 2:08 pm Leave your thoughts
Summer is here, and with it comes the grilling season! At Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats, we’ve got plenty of great products for you to try out this grilling season, but we have a couple we’d like to highlight.
Fresh ground chuck patties
There are few things that evoke summer more than the smell of burgers on the grill. We’ve got some high-quality ground chuck you can take with you to toss on the grill this summer and enjoy summer the way it was meant to be.
Of course, it’s always important to know how to grill a burger correctly if you’re going to get the best possible flavor, even when you’re dealing with high-quality meat. With this in mind, here are a few tips from a butcher in Williamsport, PA:
- Don’t be afraid to add more flavor: While you don’t need to drown your burgers in seasonings and dressings, even good-quality ground chuck can benefit from some fresh or dried herbs and spices, or some minced onion and garlic. Depending on the kind of burger you want to create, you might also add some BBQ sauce, hoisin sauce, teriyaki sauce or hot pepper sauce.
- Be careful with salt: Don’t combine salt into your patty mixture right away, because it will remove moisture from the meat. You should instead sprinkle it on each burger right before they go on the grill.
- Let your flavors sit: If you’re mixing in herbs and spices with your burgers, you should let all the flavors sit and appropriately mingle for a few hours so they really seep into the meat before you put them on the grill.
- Know how to form a patty: You should know how to balance the perfect thickness of your patty. Too thick and it will have a hard time cooking evenly, too thin and it’s much more likely to dry out. Give them an appropriate thickness and add small indentations in the middle to prevent the meat from swelling while cooking.
- Cook at the right temperature: Keep the grill at a medium-low to medium heat, otherwise the burgers will burn on the outside before they actually get done on the inside. In addition, keep the grill closed while cooking them to lower your cooking time and keep the moisture in the burgers.
Dietz & Watson all-beef hot dogs
What’s more American than hot dogs on the fourth of July? Be sure to stock up on our brand-new Dietz & Watson all-beef hot dogs over the summer! Hot dogs don’t require nearly the same level of preparation and cooking know-how that burgers do, but the quality of the dog is still important to take into consideration. These all-beef dogs are perfect for summer grill-outs and can even be roasted on open fires if you plan to have a bonfire or go camping.
For more information about the wide selection of high-quality meats, cheeses and produce we carry at our butcher shop in Williamsport, PA, we encourage you to contact Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats today!
Categorised in: Butcher
This post was written by Writer