Chicken breasts are an extremely versatile type of food. You can cook and season them in many different ways, and pair them with other types of food in dishes from all sorts of culinary backgrounds.
One favorite way to prepare chicken breasts with a bit of extra originality is to stuff them with other foods. Here are just a few examples from a butcher in Williamsport, PA of some of the best types of stuffed chicken breasts:
- Caprese stuffed chicken: You’re probably familiar with Caprese salads, which feature fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. Now, you can bring those three primary ingredients into your stuffed chicken breasts. Be sure to drizzle with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil to accentuate the flavors.
- Guacamole stuffed chicken: Who doesn’t love guacamole? Whether you’re using homemade or store-bought guacamole, this will make for a delicious dinner. You might consider using some southwest spices or seasoning on the chicken to add to the regional flavor.
- Greek stuffed chicken: Want a Greek-inspired stuffed chicken dish? Consider stuffing your chicken breasts with a mixture of zucchini, tomatoes, red onion, feta, garlic, parsley and dill.
- Jalapeno popper stuffed chicken: This might not be the healthiest stuffed chicken breast option you’ll find, but there’s no doubt it’s delicious. You can take some of the same ingredients you’d use to make jalapeno poppers (primarily jalapenos and cheese, but you can add other spices and peppers) and fill your chicken breast. You might even consider breading the chicken to make it resemble an actual popper.
- Mozzarella: If you’re looking for a way to get even more cheese out of your chicken parmesan, you might consider stuffing the chicken breast with mozzarella even before you begin your standard cheese preparations with the dish. Again, this may not be the healthiest item, but who doesn’t love extra cheese?
- Apples and cheese: A common favorite baked chicken breast dish is to stuff the breast with apples and some types of strong-flavored cheese, such as a gouda or other aged cheese variety. It’s simple yet surprisingly satisfying, a real comfort food favorite.
- Fajita stuffed chicken: Enjoy chicken fajitas? Now you can get the flavor in a different way without the need for tortillas. Stuff and wrap the chicken with items you would put into a fajita, including peppers, onions, cilantro and the various fajita seasonings that give it that Mexican flavor.
- Cajun stuffed chicken: Bust out the okra, peppers, cheese and other common Creole ingredients with some Cajun spices for this dish!
- Pizza stuffed chicken: It’s exactly what it sounds like: chicken breasts stuffed with pizza sauce, mozzarella, mushrooms and onions. Delicious!
These are just a few of the many different types of stuffed chicken breasts people have come up with. We’re happy to sell stuffed chicken breast of varying types here at our butcher shop in Williamsport, PA. For more information about the offerings we have available, contact Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats today. Don’t forget to pick up some great sides to go along with it!
Categorised in: Butcher
This post was written by Writer