Are you in the process of planning out your Easter dinner? We’ve got you covered for more than just your main course! Our bakery in Williamsport, PA is pleased to have a wide variety of cream pies and fresh fruit pies for your Easter dessert. Our cream pies include the following:
- Coconut cream
- Lemon meringue
- Chocolate cream
- Chocolate peanut butter cream
Our fresh fruit pies, meanwhile, feature fresh (never canned) fruit and a crumb topping or a double crust top. They include:
- Apple caramel walnut
- Cranberry apple
Why pie is the best holiday dessert
As if you needed an excuse to get yourself a pie (or four) for the holiday, here are some of the reasons why pie is and always will be the best holiday dessert:
- It adds to the seasonal bliss: Pies themselves are highly seasonal, and the type of pie served very much represents the season in which the holiday occurs—think apple and pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving, for example, or peach or strawberry rhubarb pies in the summer. The right kind of pie can help you create a wonderful seasonal feeling.
- Leftovers make for a great breakfast: There are plenty of other types of sweet breakfasts that include crusts, fruits, sweets and toppings, so why not have pie as leftovers for breakfast after the holiday to continue enjoying the holiday spirit? Plus, there are few things that go better with a slice of pie than a cup of coffee.
- There are pies for everyone: There are so many different kinds of pies that it’s almost impossible to be unable to find a pie someone will like. Whether it’s a fruit pie to encourage your children to eat more fruits and berries, a chocolate or candy pie for people who have a sweet tooth or a meringue pie to get a little more lightness to allow the slice to go down a bit easier after a big meal, there are plenty of different options to choose from, all of which are delicious in their own way.
- People have their own specialties: If you’re trying to think of something a dinner guest can bring to your holiday party, asking them to bring a pie is a great idea, for several reasons. First, who can say no to more pie? Second, people tend to have their own specialties with regard to the kind of pies they make. By asking your guests to bring a pie, you’ll probably end up with a bunch of different types of pies, with different types of ingredients, crusts and styles to them. Just about anyone who loves to bake is almost certain to have a go-to pie recipe that they enjoy making.
These are just a few of the reasons why nothing beats a great pie when it comes to planning out a holiday dessert, regardless of the holiday or time of year. For more information about why you should check out our pies, we encourage you to contact the team at Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats today, or just come pay our bakery in Williamsport, PA a visit!
This post was written by Writer