‘Tis the season for festivities, fun with family and friends and, perhaps most importantly, food! The holiday season is officially here, and soon you’ll be making lists of ingredients and foods you need to serve at your annual holiday parties and dinners.
In many households, the central part of a holiday meal is a delicious slice of meat. But which meat should you serve? Some families have traditional meals, while others just aim to “wow” guests year after year.
If you’re not sure which dish to serve at this year’s get-together, we recommend picking up one (or more!) of these top five holiday meats from a butcher shop in Williamsport, PA:
- Turkey: A holiday classic, fresh turkey is sure to please both small and large groups of dinner guests. Turkey pairs great with a wide variety of sides, meaning you can tailor each course to your specific tastes.
- Prime rib: It’s hard to complain when you’re eating a delicious roast surrounded by family and friends. Prime rib is a great choice for a filling holiday meal. The cuts of meat are always juicy, tender and flavorful.
- Beef tenderloin: Who doesn’t love a good piece of steak on a festive day? Beef tenderloin is the perfect choice for people who don’t want to deal with bones, fat and other messes. There are also a ton of ways you can serve this meat, all of which taste great.
- Pork roast: With many options to choose from, pork roasts can be a magnificent-looking dish or a simple, classic one. Like beef tenderloin, pork roasts can be prepared in a wide variety of ways, so choose your favorite pork rub to match the rest of your meal.
- Rack of lamb: Rack of lamb is not quite as popular as the other meats, but that’s because it is a bit more unique than the others and may require a more refined taste for meat. Even so, this choice is an excellent one for a delicious meal for a small group.
Tips for choosing the best meat
Narrowing down your selection can be difficult. If you’re torn between one or two meats, consider how many people you’ll be feeding and what your budget is. Some meats, like prime rib, might be more expensive if you’re feeding a large group, but could be an excellent choice for a handful of people. Others, like rack of lamb, only easily feed around two people, so if you’re hosting a large party, this option probably isn’t the best for you.
Once you select a meat, understand the different grading options available. Different grades will provide different textures, flavors and juiciness. Your local butcher shop in Williamsport, PA should be able to explain these differences as you browse their meat selection.
Visit us for your choice of delicious holiday meats!
For the best selection of holiday meats, visit Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats. All our meats re natural and antibiotic-free, so you know you’re getting the best. We also offer freshly cut meats, imported cheeses, spread trays, homemade baked goods and fresh cut vegetable and fruit trays for all your holiday party needs.
Categorised in: Butcher
This post was written by Writer