Imagine a chilly fall evening when the leaves are just starting to turn. You walk into your warm home and bask in the smell of a hearty soup that has been simmering all day. Happily you sit down to an inviting dinner table with your family and enjoy a delicious, savory soup that is the perfect end to the perfect day.
Okay, this is real life, and most likely you’re probably rushing out of the office to go pick up your kids from school and have no idea yet what you’re going to make for dinner. Well, our family at Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats may not be able to give you the perfect fall evening, but we can certainly deliver the perfect fall soup at our deli in Williamsport, PA!
At Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats, we actually serve up seven different kinds of hot, homemade soups that you can grab on the go and enjoy at home. Although we’re best known for serving up our freshly cut deli meats, that doesn’t mean Tony’s doesn’t serve up a delicious soup, too! Why soup you ask? We think soup is the perfect fall meal, especially when you combine it with a sandwich made from our delicious deli meats. In fact, there’s a lot of reasons why fall is the perfect time of year to try one of our delicious soups:
- All the vitamins: With cold season coming up, getting all the right vitamins is more important than ever. Unlike other forms of cooking, soup retains all the vitamins from the veggies in its vitamin-packed broth.
- Relieves cold and flu symptoms: Some soups, particularly chicken soup, work as anti-inflammatories and can help get rid of mucous, too, which makes soup the perfect remedy for a nasty cold. Not to mention all the other minerals, vitamins and antioxidants you’ll find in a vegetable-based soup.
- Makes great leftovers: Want to keep the soup for when the in-laws come over or have it for lunch the next day? No worries! Soup keeps really well for days in the refrigerator. Stick it in the freezer and you can keep it even longer.
- Helps kids (and adults) to get their veggies: The average person should be trying to eat at least five servings of veggies a day, but that can be hard to do in the winter, especially if you have picky eaters at home. Soup is a great way to fit those veggies into your family’s diet.
- It’s delicious: The number one reason for eating soup is that it’s delicious! Plus with seven kinds to choose from at Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats, you can have soup for dinner several times a week and make everyone happy.
Whether you’re looking for the perfect weeknight dinner or something special to serve to your holiday guests, soup is always the right answer. Stop in this fall at Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats, where we serve up hot, homemade soups and fresh meats daily at our deli in Williamsport, PA!
Categorised in: Deli
This post was written by Writer