If you have ever browsed the chilled cases at any grocery store looking to buy a veggie tray or fruit platter in Williamsport, PA for a party, then you know how sad and generically put together some of them can be. The produce may be wilted, browning or old—or worse, beginning to grow mold. However, if you create your own fruit and veggie platter at home from farmers market produce, it’s guaranteed fresh. Luckily, the farmers market in Lewisburg is open every Wednesday, where you’ll find a stand for Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats selling the season’s freshest harvest!
It is well worth it to buy most or all your food at a local farmers market every week—here are a few excellent reasons why:
- To buy locally: When you buy food from your local farmers, not only are you supporting local agriculture, you’re also supporting your neighbors. Farmers markets offer food from close by, which means it’s not being transported from hundreds or thousands of miles away after having been harvested days or sometimes even weeks earlier. Food waste is reduced, and you know you are eating nutrient-rich food grown in your own environment.
- To support the local economy: Spending money at a farmers market means you are supporting local farmers and your own local economy. In other words, the money you spend will stay in the local area, instead of going to large corporations that bring in food from out of the area, state or country to stock their shelves.
- Organic fruits and vegetables are affordable: At the farmers market, you will find a variety of fresh, organic or pesticide- and herbicide-free produce priced lower than what you’d find at a supermarket. Put together a fruit platter in Williamsport, PA for your next gathering at lower cost!
- You can talk to the farmer or supplier: Get to know the people who grow or supply your food! You can ask questions to ensure you are buying food grown the way you like, and can even discuss their farming practices.
- To eat safer and healthier: Eating properly grown, local produce is fantastic for your health. It’s also proven to be safer from contamination than food mass produced in a factory setting.
Visit our stand at the Lewisburg Farmers Market!
Want to have fresh fruits and vegetables within reach? Trying to cook healthier dishes that the whole family will enjoy? With over 200 vendors at the farmers market in Lewisburg—including Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats—there is no doubt you will be able to find everything you need to have healthy snacks on hand and create mouth watering homemade meals.
The Lewisburg Farmers Market is around every Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., offering the community a variety of local fresh foods, especially fresh picked and locally grown produce. We look forward to seeing you there!
There are a couple ways to get your hands on a fresh fruit platter in Williamsport, PA. Head to the Lewisburg Farmers Market on Wednesday and pick out fruits and veggies for your spread, or phone in a custom order to Tony’s Delicatessen & Fresh Meats!
Categorised in: Fruit Platter
This post was written by Writer